This article is for company admins. Adviser and assistant users are not able to create groups or access information about them.
You can organise your adviser and assistant users into groups, to control what they have access to and help keep your system organised. For example, you can use groups to link advisers and assistants, control access to different instruments, and allow users to share clients.
Creating a group is simple!
- From your dashboard, press Groups in the top menu bar.
- Press 'create group'.
- Enter a name for your group.
- Set the icon that you would like the groups table to use, or press 'create group' to use the system defaults.
- Two letters for your group will be entered automatically, but you can change them if you like.
- If you would like to set a specific colour for your group, you can. If you leave this field blank, a random colour will be chosen.
You can now see your new group in the list of groups. Press 'view' to continue setting up your group.
- Press add members to select advisers and assistants that you would like to join the group.
- Change your preference for "allow advisers to view each other's clients".
- Tick the box if you would like your adviser users to share a common pool of clients. This will give advisers and assistants two tabs on the clients table: one for their clients, and one for all clients in their group
- Untick the box if you would like your advisers to only be able to access their own clients. Note that if an assistant is linked to multiple advisers, and this box is unticked, then the assistant will be able to see both sets of clients, but the advisers will only be able to see their own.
- Press 'assistants' in the side bar to link advisers and assistants.
- Press 'clients' to view the clients associated with this group. All clients assigned to an adviser in the group will be visible on this table; you do not need to add clients manually to the group.