This article is for company admins. Adviser and assistant users are not able to create groups or access information about them.
On this article, we will cover the below topics:
You can organise your adviser and assistant users into groups, to control what they have access to and help keep your system organised. For example, you can use groups to link advisers and assistants, control access to different instruments, and allow users to share clients.
Create a group
- From your dashboard, press Groups in the top menu bar.
- Press 'create group'.
- Enter a name for your group.
- Set the icon that you would like the groups table to use, or press 'create group' to use the system defaults.
- Two letters for your group will be entered automatically, but you can change them if you like.
- If you would like to set a specific colour for your group, you can. If you leave this field blank, a random colour will be chosen.
How to add users to a group
You can now see your new group in the list of groups. Press 'view' to continue setting up your group.
- Press add members to select advisers and assistants that you would like to join the group.
Change your preference for "allow advisers to view each other's clients".
How to bulk add users to a group
1. Go to USERS>ADVISERS
2. Thick the boxes of the advisers they want to add to the group.
3. A menu will appear on the top, they need to click on EDIT DETAILS
4. A pop up will appear will the options STATUS and GROUP. Click on the group dropdown and select the group they want to add them to.
5. Click update advisers.
- Tick the box if you would like your adviser users to share a common pool of clients. This will give advisers and assistants two tabs on the clients table: one for their clients, and one for all clients in their group
- Untick the box if you would like your advisers to only be able to access their own clients. Note that if an assistant is linked to multiple advisers, and this box is unticked, then the assistant will be able to see both sets of clients, but the advisers will only be able to see their own.
- Press 'assistants' in the side bar to link advisers and assistants.
- Press 'clients' to view the clients associated with this group. All clients assigned to an adviser in the group will be visible on this table; you do not need to add clients manually to the group.